Here’s wishing you and yours a very happy New Year. May the best of your yesterdays be the worst of your tomorrows!
WHAT’S PLAYING: Joni Mitchell “Case of You”
I’ve heard many people say that New Year’s resolutions are useless and counterproductive. I respectfully disagree. I think it depends on the person.
I’m a compulsive list maker. I love the little thrill I get every time I complete an item and cross it off. (If you haven’t already figured it out by now, I have control issues.)
New Year’s resolutions are more than just another list of goals to accomplish. It’s trying to bring order to my chaotic life, to home in on what’s most important. It’s cutting through all the bullshit and figuring out what I really want.
So, with that in mind, here is what I hope to accomplish in the next twelve months.
1. Read more. (I’m aiming for a book a week.)
2. Take better care of me. (This covers everything from exercising three times a week to getting at least seven hours of sleep a night.)
3. Become a better friend/daughter/sister (This one isn’t really quantifiable, but I’d be satisfied with talking to friends and family twice a month.)
4. Write every day. (This is a big one!)
5. Keep moving forward. (This one covers my mental state: appreciating what I have, maintaining a positive attitude, accepting my faults, etc.)
My list may not seem like a much, but doing these things will make me a happier, healthier person.
What about you? What are some of your New Year’s resolutions? Or do you prefer to take each year as it comes?
Either way, here’s 2012 finds you in good health and high spirits.