WHAT’S PLAYING: Dev “Bass Down Low”
The lovely and talented Halfway between the Gutter and the Stars nominated me for the Very Inspirational Blogger Award. I am doubly honored because—with her fearless honesty and unbelievable strength—this woman, in my humble opinion, is the very epitome of inspirational.
Check out her blog here and see what I mean.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Nominate other bloggers you think deserve the award, and post on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated.
Seven Things about Me:
1. I have no sense of direction. During my visit to New York, I spent twenty minutes looking for my hotel, only to discover that it was two blocks away…in a straight line…directly across from the entrance to the train station. And I was using the GPS feature on my phone.
2. I’m extremely gullible. Seriously, you could tell me that bats fly out of your ass at midnight on the third Sunday of every month and, as long as you said it with a straight face, I’d probably believe you.
3. I’m terrified of commitment. Always have been, but it’s gotten a lot worse since my fiancé died. The thought of owning a house, setting down roots, or falling in love again makes me want to vomit.
4. I was raised with the belief that crying is useless and self-indulgent, so I tend to bottle everything up until I can’t bear it anymore. I usually cry once every three years, unless I’m watching a Hallmark commercial or a Disney movie. Then all bets are off.
5. My favorite book in the whole world is The Long Nosed Princess by Priscilla Hallowell, published in 1959. I read it at least once a year and have since I was ten years old.
My old man’s a white old man
And my old mother’s black.
If ever I cursed my white old man,
I take my curses back.
If ever I cursed my black old mother
And wished she were in hell,
I’m sorry for that evil wish
And now I wish her well
My old man died in a fine big house.
My ma died in a shack.
I wonder where I’m going to die,
Being neither white nor black?
7. I am extraordinarily clumsy. I once executed a perfect routine during a karate competition, complete with kicks, flips, and splits. I bowed to the judges, turned, and then tripped over my own feet as I left the mat. Fortunately, they didn’t penalize me for it.
Now, for the nominees (I’m only listing seven, mostly because I’m too lazy to do more. Besides, naming all the inspirational blogs out there would take me days.):
1. Janice Heck
3. Fic Faq
5. Word Flows
7. No More Race